Friday, September 23, 2011

On my Wall today

As I finished my 'Down in the Garden' quilt top I
have moved onto another night time project

Berries and Bluebirds

I started Block 1 not long after it arrived
(8 months ago)

started being the word. I got as far as the
birds in the tree then filed it away
because I really didn't like the fabric
it was 'too bright' for my liking

but I am persevering with it

and this is what block 1 looks like now


and I am loving it., its bright and cheerful and happy
alot like my eldest girlie so she is going to get the finished
product, but shhhh its a secret

moving onto block 2's progress

Top Bird


bottom bird


 just needs the stems, 5 leaves and 1 berry
stitched down

then its onto the vine and I can start sewing the block
together. I stitch the circles and flowers after the block
is together.

Tomorrow night I should be able to move onto block 3

Progress is happening yippee

I need to make a narky phone call today
its been 4 weeks tomorrow since our furniture was
moved out of our house, and we are still waiting
for all of our outdoor furniture, dh's tools, crystal cabinet
and the tv cabinet, the kids scooters and bike pedals to arrive.
Last week I was told it was all in Melbourne
waiting to be sent to Canberra and that
we would have it this week

we don't have it.....and I am a little p*issed, well actually I
am really p*issed about it. So today is the day to get
narky lol

wish me luck


2 comments:

  1. I love these blocks - love the colours - brights are my thing and I would have said these were fairly tame - ha ha. Hope your narky phone call went well. Sometimes it is necessary unfortunately

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright colors - so different to the original. Hope the phone call ended with a positive outcome

    ReplyDelete