Thursday, October 17, 2013

It's Been a While

Since my last post, but I have been uber uber busy

we have had school holidays
tall ships visiting
lots of whales distracting me out the window
and birthday girl who turned 10
and 
a big big
secret squirrel stitching project!

School Holidays were a bit quiet, the girls had lots
of sleepovers here and at their friends houses,
trips to the beach, late nights and sleep ins, 
we worked in the garden planting out vegies for
summer, filling baskets with flower
seedlings.  

We had Tall Ships call into port on their way to Sydney 
for the International Fleet Review

the Soren Larsen


Lord and Lady Nelson leaving for Sydney


we also had visit

The Young Endeavour
Windward Bound

Whale Season, 2013 has been far to distracting for me,

most of these photos have been taken from our deck

the girls were trying so hard to get photos of the whales
breaching.....they didn't get any lol


this is taken from our deck, it was so close


Mother and calf breaching, taken on Imogens birthday






this one was taken from where the girls were standing
when they were trying to get photos.


Mums Quilts, 2 are still in their boxes, I just can't open them
I did open the quilt I made on her behalf for Emma and its gorgeous, the 
quilting is amazing, and it looks pretty good on my bed.

Em doesn't like it, but we did find a quilt top mum made in
amongst  her quilting stash that dad gave to me which
Emma loves, so I will quilt that for her and she will
have that quilt.

'Emma's Quilt'






the backing


the quilting pattern. I think its called
'Featheration'


I will start sewing the binding onto this next week at sewing day.

My secret squirrel project, lets just say getting a quilt top that is
needle-turn appliquéd and embroidered in 17 days is a 
MAMMOTH task.
I haven't been so sleep deprived since I had newborn twins.
It was posted to the quilter on Monday, she received it
Tuesday and I am just waiting to hear that the designer
has received it for binding and then its off to Quilt Market
in Houston next week.

As soon as I see photos of it finished I will share.












No comments:

Post a Comment