I can't believe it is Christmas in 19 days, where has the year gone.
I for one wish 2013 never came.
We have had good times and very sad times.
If 2013 never came my mama would still be with us.
So as the end of the year approaches its time to wind
down the school year.
this week the twosome have had
high school orientation
Next week is the end of year presentations for the girls
each year group has around 4 prizes to hand out,
and school notifies the parents whose children are receiving
awards.
Last year Sophie received the Citizenship award for her year
this year, ALL 3 of my girls are receiving awards.
I cannot wait to find out what they have been awarded.
Today Sophie is receiving some library awards!
1 for the most words read this year, well over 3000000
yes, 3 million + words my girl has read.
She is also receiving a year 6 champion something award
so dh and I are off the assembly at noon.
Chookyblues SSCS sleigh has landed
I have opened my ornament
with a gorgeous embroidered angel mouse on the back
and you can just see my christmas day present
peeking out from under the tree
A HUGE thank you to
Tonje in Norway and to Chooky and Googy Girl
Yesterday dh and I spent the day Christmas shopping
we are nearly done, just a couple of little things left to
collect
Our son (24) is joining us this year, if there was one good thing
to come out of losing my mama is my boy now knows how important
family is.
This year for christmas I wanted to get an iPhone 5 on a contract
I mentioned it to dh who said NO WAY, I didn't need 1
ha guess who got a new pink phone yesterday and it was
in fact his idea, to go into Telstra and look.......
Bless him he really needs to learn to say NO and mean it
So if you had my mobile number you will have to email me to
get my new number!
Kate I wish there was something I could say to help with the pain of losing your mum but I know there is nothing that will ever fill that hole. Take time to look after yourself. XX
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletehey glad your SSCS parcel has arrived...........cute ornament.............
ReplyDelete2013 plenty of highs and lows here too..............but very sad you lost your Mum..........
So sad to hear about your mom..
ReplyDeleteGood to hear your SSCS-parcel arrived safely. Unfortunetly, I'm not your Secret Santa.. You'll have to wait a few more days to see who it is.. The ornament is really cute!
Christmas greetings from Nemo/Tonje.