Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Henrietta the Hedgehog and family

When the gorgeous GnomeAngel put out the call for 

quilty peeps to join the Hazel QAL I jumped at
the chance, I have wanted to make a Hazel the Hedgehog for the 
longest time 

First decision was WHAT fabric to make it in,
I couldn't decide and as I am lacking
in the modern style fabrics a little shop
was in order.

I ended up buying a little bundle of

The Linen Cupboard by Emma Jean Jansen
and Moda Bella Solid in white
and a linen I have had since 2009



so I have spent the last week making Hedgehogs
12 babies and I large mama, Henrietta





now my little quilt isn't finished as I didn't think about binding
or backing or even a border, but I will amend that over the weekend
as I am visiting the lovely store I bought my lc bundle from.


I found it easiest to lay the spines out in  
order before I eyeballed the sewing line, I had to
do quite a bit of reverse sewing until I laid them out IN ORDER
before sewing them, 

I hate reverse sewing!


Please check back in a week for the finished Henrietta and Family.

Today its a Bionic Bag kind of day








2 comments:

  1. I love this. Such a cute little family of hedgehogs! I can't wait to see how you pull it altogether. Thanks for being part of the blog hop! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those hedgehogs are as cute as buttons!!

    ReplyDelete