Its true I love to stitch.
I am very new to quilting but have stitched so many cross stitches over the years, I have finally branched out to actual stitcheries and I love them, Who knew the backstitch, lazy daisies and the odd french knot or 20 could give so much enjoyment lol.
Quilting wise I am up to week 3 of the intro to quilting class I am doing, not that that has stopped me from doing any quilting. I am making a 2nd sampler at home using the same blocks that I am doing in class.
I have a quilt top for dd #1 that just needs to be backed and some hand quilting done. DD # 3 well her quilt is in its packet on the ironing board lol and dd # 2 hers is a WIP, I only have 6 more BOM's and it will be finished and I have a divine pile of fabric cut ready for me to start sewing, that is a quilt for my bed.
I'll make sure I snap some pics during the week of my WIP's
Kate :)
Good on you for starting a blog! It's a wonderful way to "meet" people and get feedback and encouragement. Look forward to seeing some of your quilts!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to blog-land. All these new bloggers, its great. I haven't been at it long and I love it. I used to do a lot of cross stitch and am now really into stitcheries on quilts. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos. Julie.
ReplyDeletewould love to see some of your cross stitches you have completed
ReplyDeleteWelcome to blogland! I'm a new blogger too and I just love it. You'll "meet" some special people in blogland. Post some pics of your work soon and good luck with your beginning quilting...cheers from Canada QGB
ReplyDeleteWelcome to Blogland. You will meet so many wonderful people from around the world who all share the love of quilting or stitching. Have fun with the SSCS
ReplyDeleteI have been a serial cross stitcher but like you I have moved onto quilting although I am still buying cross stitch magazines and have got several WIP's that I so intend to finish. At some point I would like to combine cross stitching with quilting.
ReplyDelete