Thursday, September 8, 2011

How Sweet it is

To live in a town you love.

and I love Eden,

I love the fact that if I get small town fever and need to escape, I can jump in the
car, drive for 20 minutes and I am in Merimbula, drive for another
15-20 minutes and I am in Bega

6 hours to Melbourne, 6 hours to Sydney.

LOVE LOVE LOVE it

The girlies are all settled and happy at school

dh loves his job and pops home when ever he wants

the house is huge and as we threw out, donated, sold so much stuff before we left
I get up in the mornings, put the washing on, make breakfast & lunches, drop kids at school
and it takes me 10 minutes to make the beds, tidy the kitchen and the
day is then mine to do as I please

Not that I have done any sewing in my gorgeous big sewing room
YET.

Big excitement here last night for the 1st time in 10 days we could actually
watch crystal clear, with sound and no interference free to air tv
our austar has been re connected, we have internet
and its taken me a week to do 105kms in the car lol

Tomorrow if the weather is nice I am going whale watching :)
I have never been whale watching so its rather exciting.

I joined the girls and I up at the library today Sophie is costing us a
small fortune in books, she can read a book a day.
Love that,
Emma is getting more interested in reading, she wants new books
too lol and Imogen is plodding along with her reading really really
well.

Next week we will shrink to a family of 3 as the 2 big girls are
going on school camp Wednesday - Friday, they are so excited.

Dh is off to Wollongong on Thursday for a medical
we went to Bega this morning for his eye test, had some brunch there
did a bit of camp shopping, picked up some new books for the
girlies now I am wasting time until I have to collect them from school.

I did burn my fingers though on the wood heater, I swore long and loud lol
I have lost a couple of layers of skin though but they will heal well
unlike my knuckle which I burnt cooking dinner on Monday night,
which blister, popped and has been so weepy, and as its right on my knuckle
everytime I bend my finger it splits open again and it is just soooooo
sore.

The only sewing I have done is for Imogens wall hanging
which is Rosalie Quinlans Little Patchwork Village, she picked it out
in Bairnsdale, on our drive here which was 2 weeks ago tomorrow
4.5 houses stitched, 4.5 to go then I get the sew it all together.
Plus I need to put the binding on Em's new bed quilt, and quilt
her owly wall hanging which I made soooo long ago, then I need to
make a wall hanging for Sophie who won't ever ask for one, but I
know she really wants one.

Just want to say I miss my mummy and my daddy
and doing coffee with the girls.

I will have to plan a trip home very soon for a couple of days
just to get my mama fix lol






4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you are really enjoying Eden. I have only ever visited there but it always seemed to be a bit of a jewel on the coast to me - great location and gorgeous! make sure you take the girlies to the whale museum. Love it! Hope the weather is nice and you see lots of whales and when you get to it happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eden sounds like a lovely place !!!!
    I spend copious amounts of money on books for kidlets(and me) here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all so good to read Kate.

    So pleased you have settled in.

    I wish our house was as big as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate...welcome to the South Coast...Eden is a beautiful place...we have been there a few times...Bermagui sells the best fish'nchips...We are a couple of hours up the coast...Enjoy your new home...Dzintra

    ReplyDelete