Monday, November 7, 2011

A lovely Weekend

We have had a lovely weekend, productive for me, but lovely none the less
I have finished the quilting on the couch quilt, sewn the binding on and
half of it down, I cut 288 2" squares for my MIL's Christmas present




Yesterday is was a glorious 27degress, so we were at the beach by
9:30 dh went for a dive the girlie's played in the water
and I sat an read my book, we were there until 11 and look
what dh caught, we had fresh fish for tea last night yummo


I sorted through my fabrics for my SKoW quilt and
this is what I came up with I need a couple of browns though
so I will get them out of my repro stash



and the background fabrics


my 1st block



tonight I will do another block in front of the tv :)

I also got the last tart stitched down, I just need to get some backing fabric
and quilt it, but if I am going to quilt it how I want I either need some
serious circle work practise on the quilty beast or quilt it by hand
very undecided on which way to go.

I hope you all had a wonderfully warm
and productive weekend too

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful weekend! Love the fabrics/blocks for you MIL quilt, and love the choices you made for SKoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is how you do that quilt. Easy really - yes but time consuming!

    Like the fish pic! I dont mind fishing here - as long as the scale and clean it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your SKOW fabrics. Love those perfect weekends too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. coulda had a lot of fun with us too kate!!! lol...glad you had a great weekend

    ReplyDelete