Monday, April 22, 2013

Long Post

I must say its always nice to come home after a short holiday,
home definitely is where my heart is.

the day before we left Miss S needed a bag to take her
bits and pieces in the car, so I gave her one of mine and checked the
pockets before I handed it over to her and look what I found

My Grandmas Sapphire ring, I thought it was gone forever,
its been in the bag hiding since Aug 2011 when we moved.

I found 'that safe place' wish I could find the rest of my
safe places ;) 


We left early in the morning headed for Melbourne, pit stops
required in Cann River, Orbost, Bairnsdale & Sale
along with lunch in Trarlagon made for a LONG drive

we finally made it to our accommodation in St Kilda and
then meet up with the eldest child for dinner.


Thursday was another early start as we had to be at the
ship around 7am. The sailing was a tad rough & rolly
but there was no need for chicken bags, the girlies enjoyed
the free activities they had, watched a movie and I just chilled
out and read my book

Miss I and Miss E in the conservatory in City Park


Miss I at the museum after the planetarium visit
on our last day


even dh had a turn



some fabrics for a quilting Bee


and the most divine sunset in Devonport while we waited for 
the ship to set sail for Melbourne


the naughty puppy got a t shirt, although he needed the xxl
size


some yummy annie downs fabric



a bundle of Lynette Anderson fabrics to make


the cat quilt


I also bought some new embroidery scissors and another pattern
which I can't find, dh bought me a new handbag which I love
and we all came home with new clothes, the girlies especially

and my hexagon project, this is what it looked like
before we left, i stitched in the car on the way to Melbourne
and that was all the sewing I did


and this is what it looks like now


there are 100 flowers, in total I used 850 individual
hexagons. I am now working on the side pieces.

We had a great time, it was nice to catch up with all the
family and to see those I hadn't seen for years, I was 
fabulous to see my mum and dad, especially as mum is so
very ill at the moment, thanks to her chemo treatment and the growing
tumor in her lung.

we didn't go and see our house, I couldn't do that and I am pleased
I didn't because I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue 
my beautiful, expensive, established cottage garden is no more
there is nothing left, except for the hardiest of plants.

7 plants in total remain. So sad to see the photos even the front yard 
hasn't been spared.......

Its school holidays here, not much on our agenda except to relax and
do not much, kids are busy with their friends, I am busy with my hexagons
and I need to dust off the sewing machine and make some bee blocks
and I have 8 days to do this month SAL project, no pressure at all :)



4 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful holiday and love your fabric buys.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fabric purchases! Coming home after a holiday is always lovely....enjoy the rest of the school holidays and hope you get plenty of stitching time! Very disappointing about the garden at your house in Tassie - probably best you didn't go and see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hexi flowers. The fabric bundles are gorgeous. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have both those yummy bundles of fabric, did you get them from pauline's? Me to.
    Are you getting my e-mails Kate? I hope the pay pal invoice went through this time. Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete