My mojo that is. Since my last post I have a couple of hours
left of appliqué on mums quilt,
then while wandering blog land the
other day I came across a pattern that
loudly shouted
Make Me
so I wandered to the www store and ummed and ahhed about
buying the pattern for it, decided nope, can't really swing it,
and then remembered I already had the pattern
in Annette Gero's gorgeous book
'The Fabric of Society'
So out came the reproduction stash, and 9metres of
background fabric and I was good to go
on Saturday morning.
Dancing Dollies is in Progress.
I have prepped 2 dolly strips, ready to be stitched down,
I have basted 40 hexagons, tomorrow I will cut out another
40 and get them basted also
ready for my 3 hr layover in Melbourne on Friday.
Nothing better than a bit of hand sewing while
waiting for a flight
Really pleased to be going home, mum is in hospital, she
was admitted last Wednesday morning with severe pneumonia
no one has mentioned when she will be released
so my guess is I will be taken straight to the oncology
ward as soon as I land to surprise her. She has no idea I am coming
home. Dad will be fed properly again & I will leave him with a freezer
of food and his favourite cakes & biccies in the pantry.
I am also bringing home all of mums fabric stash, so I have
been told, but as I have a 6 kilo luggage allowance difference
between the airlines, my guess is Aus Post will be delivering her
fabric stash.
Our little house guest 'Annie' went home tonight. Annie
has been staying with us for 10 days and we miss her
But we have visitation rights so its all good. I think I will ask
Santa for a Maltese x Poodle for Xmas the girls adored having
her even Henry tolerated her.
I'll pop back tomorrow with photos of mums quilt
and Dancing Dollies.
To all who were on sewing retreats last weekend
I was very jealous, you are all very blessed to
have the chance to meet up with like minded people
and spend your days stitching & laughing.
One day I might just join you.
Glad you are ready for sewing again. I find it is great help in times of stress. Glad you will be with your Mum soon. It will be lovely for her to have you close. Hugs......
ReplyDelete