Monday, July 22, 2013

The Funk Continues & Sad News

Last post I was in a major sewing funk,
Sadly the funk has continued, I am behind
in so many things including the stitch along,
swaps and my own projects.

The biggest reason for my funk is my mum is in the final
stage of her cancer journey. I found out 4 weeks ago that her lung tumours 
have spread and we are all trying to prepare ourselves for the end.
Not that anyone can  or will tell us how long she has.

I am flying home for a week on the 2nd, just to spend some time
with her while she is still reasonably well.

I have quilted her quilts, and she has them and loves them and I have been madly
trying to finish the last quilt she was making for all the grandchildren. 3 more
nights of needle turn appliqué and it will be ready to give to her
machine quilter on the 10th for a custom quilting job.

So I am bit sad, very scared of what is going to happen & desperately wishing 
the last 18 months were just a dream.


5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear your sad news. It is great that you can go and spend some time with your Mum. Sending prayers and warm hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry but so glad you can have these last few days or weeks with Mom; Remember this is just "so long, till we meet again" Prayers for the family ; this is so hard but so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy your precious time together..............thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kate...I'm so sorry ....for you and for your mum & family. What can you say at times like this. But i'm happy that you get to go visit her soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Miss Kate, this is such a sad time for all of you. Thank goodness you have been able to spend the time that you have over the past 18 months with your Mum and this has enabled you to have so many more wonderful memories to hold close to your heart. I hope and pray that the final stages of this horrid disease allow your Mum her dignity and does not cause her so much pain. Be thankful you have her and know that she will always be there for you now and forever. Humungous hugs Kate. xx0000xxxx

    ReplyDelete