Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back to 'Normality'

if there is ever a 'normality' I am back to it.

I arrived home to my little family late Tuesday afternoon,

my flight out of Tasmania was almost 1.5 hrs late leaving,
which meant I missed my flight to Canberra
which meant I was bumped to the next flight to Canberra

which meant it was a jet, not a propeller powered plane :)

dh met me at the airport, let me cry and then bought me home.

Yesterday I just didn't quite now what to do with myself,
so I phaffed around, went grocery shopping and did not much else,
I had coffee with a wonderful friend who made me cry when she arrived

Today is a different day, I have been up since 6am, I have done
3 loads of washing and hung it all on the clothesline, the kitchen is clean

today is a good day.

I did have a little retail therapy while I was away,
my mum always said, 'when the going gets tough
the tough go shopping'.

Not that I bought very much.

A visit to Spotlight saw this book come home with me, there are some quick
and easy patterns for me to use when making the quilts for the
Holman Clinic, as soon as box number 2 arrives in the mail. I also left with
4 packs of appliqué pins, 2 pairs of scissors & some clover pens


From Calico Crossroads I bought this pattern & some
reproduction fabric fat quarters and month 3 of
Tillies Lane


Dancing Grandma progress, all the dolly dresses are stitched down
and 5 have arms and heads, 2 have arms and heads waiting to be
stitched down and 6 are still waiting


this is just 1 border, and its huge


2 hexagons sewn together


28 waiting their turn


I am making this 1 side at a time.

and i snuck this photo of me home, I was 4 when it
was taken, my sibling has her's so now I have mine


how cute was I :)

4 comments:

  1. Taking it one day at a time with the support of family and friends is a good way to go. Thinking of you and your family. Hugs........

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to hear a bit of happiness in your voice Miss Kate. Taking each day as a new one is the way to go, just do what you can when you can and know that whatever you do you have your wonderful wee family and good friends available for you.
    You were a wee cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you a cutie!!!!
    Glad you're getting a little bit of normalcy in your life. Can you send me some?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate, some new projects on the horizon make for some happy days, Take it one day at a time and enjoy your little family

    ReplyDelete