Thursday, August 22, 2013

Dancing Grandma's Progress

I have been quite productive since arriving
home last week, although I haven't had the urge
to uncover my sewing machine all is not lost
as I have a teeny bit of sewing mojo.

So my progress so far

Dancing Grandma's all in a row (border 1, 3 more to make)


Border 2 (3 more to make)


RHS of border 2, I have to make 3 more
hexagons for this side


LHS of border 2, 3 more hexagons needed here also, my hexagons
are a bit smaller than what the pattern asked for, but I had these on
hand, so apart from the background fabric, it will be a complete 
Stash Buster of a quilt when its done


Tuesday I took on the task of cleaning up my sewing
room, I had left it in such a mess, and it was rather sad to 
see what it looked like when I came home


and the other side


and what's on my design wall,

* the centre block for Aunt Grace's Circle of Friends,

* NYB blocks for my patient dh, almost 18 months to get this far

* centre diamond for my hexie quilt (in a snaplock bag)

* border 1 of Dancing Grandma's 

under the pink pin magnet, is Henrycats sleeping spot, on a 
pile of leftover batting


I have a box of orphan blocks on its way from my dad, inside
are some reproduction fabrics of mum's, hurry up Mr Postman

and speaking of my mama, she is hanging in there, has some depression,
is having major breathing issues, so her dr has banned all visitors and 
she still banned from talking to anyone as it affects her
breathing. 

I am in a good place now I am home, and as awful as it 
sounds, I am just waiting for 'that call', I know that its not going 
to be far off :(

2 comments:

  1. Kate, it is so good to hear that you are feeling in a good place now. That is the main thing for you sweetie.
    Gosh your sewing room is lovely and soooo tidy. You never cease to amaze me with everything you can achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't believe what fantastic progress you are making on your dancing grandma's. I have been working on mine for a year and I am up to the inner borders with the hexies and flowers. I like the shape of your flowers and fabrics. It is going to be a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete