Friday, August 2, 2013

Mummy Update

Sometimes life would be much easier if you could get
answers to your questions.

I arrived Wednesday to find mum having a terrible day, she had a 
fall on Tuesday night in which she hurt her back, gave herself a
black eye and other bruises, she was in and out of sleep thanks to
über strong painkillers.

Thursday she was in a lot of pain and had lots of visitors. I made dad cry
when I suggested I made quilts out of all her orphan blocks to donate
to the cancer clinic who have been looking after her.

Today was a great day, she was alert and talking telling us her plans
for when er time finally does come, I wanted a rough idea of how long
she had left with us so I spoke to one of her drs which resulted in a flood
of tears to the point I had to walk away and have some time out. Mums 
gorgeous nurse followed me and we had a great chat.

Basically it's the great unknown, she has maximum 3 months, my dilemma is
do I fly home on Friday as planned or do I wait here for another week, dh keeps
saying to stay as long as I need, but I just can't decide.

Dad is loving the company and I don't want to leave him on his own 
again, mum is worried about him, I worry about him.
So very hard to know what the right thing to do is.

He asked me to not bring the girls home for her funeral, and I will honour
his request, he told me he wants them to remember Grandma as they have
always known her, not how she is now.

She is still in hospital, she might be coming home but more likely to be 
transferred to the palliative care ward at one of the private hospitals. She has
high medical needs that will only increase the further she declines.

Keep praying for her please, and for my family. Our time together is getting shorter
with each passing day.

I will miss her terribly.

8 comments:

  1. stay with your Mum and Dad.......dh will be fine with the girls on his own.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs... thinking of all of you.

    If you're undecided there's your answer. Stay with your mum and dad. DH and the girls will be just fine!

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you all. If possible stay with your Mum and Dad. It will be tough but I'm pretty sure you won't regret it. Your love and presence will be appreciated by them. And most importantly, be kind to yourself xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending prayers. I agree with the comments above. Spend time while you can. Hugs.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree Kate, if you are undecided stay with your mum and dad. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay with your dad, sending lots of positive hugs for you and your family. Your parents will cherish your company! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Miss Kate, as all of the girls say, spend the time with your Mum and Dad. It is so precious now that you may regret it later if you don't. How wonderful your Mum has lovely doctors and nurses caring for her, they will make all the difference to her and you and your Dad. Stay strong sweetie, look after yourself. We are all sending you strength and love and her should you need us. xx

    ReplyDelete