Saturday, September 13, 2008

Its the weekend

and as its blowing an absolute gale (61kph gusts) here its going to be a great weekend for some sewing/stitching.

Yesterday I managed to get together my Stitchers Angel gift # 1, it just needs some hand sewing done and its ready to go postal, I managed to start on gift # 2 and thanks to the weather will get quite a bit of that done this weekend too. So that will just leave gift # 3 of which I still have to narrow it down to just 1.

The wind, well its strong, strong enough to send the trampoline halfway across 5 acres.......poor girlie's they only got it on Thursday, it was a round one with a net, today its just a round one, the net poles were bent and the net itself tore when it went for its roll ..... at least the tramp itself is ok, its just net less lol and we loved getting up at 6am in cold antarctic winds and collecting the bits.

So today's agenda is sewing for me, the girlie's have a birthday party to go to this morning then tonight we are supposed to be going to a 40th birthday party for a guy DH works with, but DH has to work tonight so not sure if we will get there for it. DS is working too and at some stage I really need to do some housework, I wish the cleaning fairy's would come and visit.

Oh and the big excitement for this week is............

next weekend I will have a SEWING ROOM! YIPPEE it will be nice to have a designated space to work in and not have to pack up every time we want to use the dining table.

I hope its warm and not so windy where ever you are

Happy Stitching :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that does sound windy, hope it doesn't last too long or cause any more damage. How exciting to be getting your own sewing space. Will you show some pictures once you have it organised? I love to see pictures of other people's sewing rooms. Once we move I will hopefully have my own space too, so I love looking for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete