Saturday, May 16, 2009

A referendum means

no to daylight savings for Western Australia





and I am SAD about that.





I grew up with daylight savings and it wasn't until we moved to Queensland that I really missed it.





For us daylight savings means that when daddy gets home from work at 6:30pm its still light enough for him to have some outside fun with the girlie's.......now it will be pitch black and no fun to be had outside





daylight savings means bbq's and lots of fun outside until at least 9pm





daylight savings means I can ring my mum and dad at 7pm and know that they will be able to talk, next summer we are going to have to pay TOP dollar to telstra just to be able to say hi and make sure that all is okay with them :( so not fair.





but referendum day 2009 also means my littlest girlie had her first sleep over ........ I was a bit shocked at that one, I was at a UFO day at work and came home to find my baby missing, she is just around the corner and took her smilie bear with her and I have to say the house is very very quiet without her lol, but it doesn't 'feel' right and I am looking forward to seeing her in the morning :)





I learnt to crochet today, I can do chain stitch, double crochet and treble crochet stitch and another one but I can't remember the name lol. and I have to say its much easier than I thought it would be. I offered to crochet DH a mankini roflmao, he declined lol. So exciting lol





no sewing I have been very very slack. My work days are back to normal this week and as DH did the housework today ( my hero) I can sew on Monday I am going to set up Pinkie on the dining table and finish the applique on the quilt for work, well that is the plan. The beast is home but I am a bit 'scared' of using him, in case something else goes wrong so maybe Monday I should have a play with it.





Now for some fun I am going to post a random photo from 'my pictures' I dare you to do the same...... :0)





enjoy












these are my girlie's and their big brother

1 comment:

  1. Great photo of the girlies and big bros feet!
    You'll have to come back to Tassie for a dose of daylight savings and twilight!! Roll on Summer, we've had a cold, wet, windy weekend and a huge dump of snow on Mt Wellington.

    ReplyDelete