Monday, January 30, 2012

My Mummy

has cancer,

Non Hodgkins Lymphoma

and

stage 3A lung cancer
she saw her oncologist this morning and
next week starts radiation and chemotherapy
treatment.

Its a very scary time for us all but she is very positive that she
will still be around in 20 years
she asked could they give her the thick white hair chemo
as she has very thin hair at the moment.

Lots of prayers are still needed that my mummy
wins the biggest fight of her life.

I am flying home next week for about 10 days
to do what I can do to help, to spend some time with her
and to give her the quilt I made yesterday.

Its my mummy's chemo quilt

stitched with lots of love, just for her.

Now if you know my mama

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not say anything unless she does
as my sister and brother still haven't been told.

I was only told because they had to cancel postpone their trip
to visit us at the end of Febuary.

They will both find out
tomorrow

fingers, toes, everything crossed please

and I am going home yippee


10 comments:

  1. Kate, I hope your siblings don't read your blog hun!! It is a much better day today for you than yesterday so that is one positive step. May there be many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. none of my family read my blog, mum knows I have one but has no idea how to find it bless her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its great you can go home and support her while she starts treatment etc.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Kate, so sorry to hear your news. My prayers will be with your mum as she starts this battle, I hope she can draw on all the strength she has to WIN the fight. So glad that you get to go be with her and she is going to love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thinking of you and so sorry that you and your family have to go through this. So glad that you will get to go home for a few days. I know what it is like to be a long way from home with something like this happens - it is hard, you will get through it though - thinking of you! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and your family Kate -Your mum will cherish the quilt you made her. Hugs Fee X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having you there by her side as she starts her treatments will really boost her morale. I usually find the ones having the treatment tend to cope with things easier than the rest of the family - so stay strong sweetie, your Mum will be. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear your Mum has to go through this, I'll be praying for her.
    Hugs to you and your Mum
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending your mum, you and your family prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sad for you all - amazing what a positive attitude will do, so stay strong - God bless!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete