Monday, October 1, 2012

Going Home

I am going home towards the end of the month
as my mum isn't doing very well at all.

At her last PET scan after the treatment for her
lung cancer finished she had a few 'hot spots' appear in
her chest, spine and liver
the doctors were unsure if it was because the LC had spread
or it was the Non Hodgkins Lymphoma.....

fast forward 12 weeks

She has just finished her treatments for the NHL
and has her next PET scan in 3 weeks, and the final
results a week after that, which is when I will be there.

My sister rang tonight and said that she wasn't doing to
well and that our gorgeous dad is very worried about 
mum...... and if dad is worried we know something big is up
neither of them are eating properly as mum has 
significant problems with her hands and feet due to the LC drugs,
she is permanently cold, and is having issues with her
breathing sounds really wheezy all the time and I noticed
when we Skype that she has a constant cough, not good stuff
to have when you have LC


If you are the praying kind could you please pray for
my mummy, that her Pet scan gives us the news that we
all desperately want to get, and for my daddy who has had to
take the journey with mum over the last 10 months all the while
constantly reassuring us that she is ok I worry about him too

So I am feeling a little blue tonight, I had a little cry on dh shoulder
and I really just want to go home tomorrow and give my
mum and dad a big old hug. The last 10 months have been hard because
I haven't been there for any of it.

Life can just be so cruel sometimes!

Hug your loved ones close and let them know that
you do love them..... because you never know what is
around the corner





6 comments:

  1. you know i'm thinking of you.........the end of the month will be here in no time.......sending positive vibes for your Mum........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot think of any words which will offer you ease... I had been thinking about your mum last few times I have checked your blog. The month will go fast - like the whole year has...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sending you, your mum, dad the the rest of your family all the positive thoughts that I can. You will be there soon to hug them both. hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you, your family and your gorgeous mum and dad!
    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear your mum is not feeling too great, will be praying for good results for her.

    ReplyDelete