Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Giveaway, Photos and a Question

As promised here is the centre block of 
Dancing Grandma's


does it need the berries on all four big leaf thingies


my amazingly clean and sorted out cutting table


I tidied up my little magnet boards


even the computer desk was tackled 
(just don't open the drawers, hehehe)


beside my chair was tackled too


alas there was a tragedy, my little Quilting sign
took a tumble and broke, luckily I have a rather
handy husband who WILL FIX IT TODAY


onto the Giveaway,

I use Clover Glass Head pins, I ONLY use these pins, 



this morning I found some Clover Flower Head pins, brand new
never touched a piece of fabric or anyones hand
so I have 2 little boxes of these to give away


all you need to do to have these pins is pick a number between
1 and 50, and on Monday I will ask a small
child (lucky I have 1 of those) to pick a winning number.

and the Question

are you a quilting brand snob like me? I love clover products
I use their glass head pins, their appliqué pins, their blue
wash away pens, I use their needles for hand sewing,
I have 2 of their mini irons......

I use Olfa cutting mats, cutters and blades

My reasoning is that you get what you pay for, I like
my tools to last, whether that be cutters, mats, pins
& markers, 

What is your Go To quilting brand and why??






7 comments:

  1. That's going to be a hard decision about the berries Kate. When I saw the first photo I thought you had forgotten them but when I saw the 2nd photo they actually look okay without them, mmmmmmm.
    I'm a bit like you with all my quilting stuff also, stick to pretty much one brand. I do vary a wee bit on my needles and each time I try a new brand I like it better than the previous. Who know's?? Clover are the pick of the bunch though. A no: 8
    How are you feeling this week sweetie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Your room looks very tidy now Miss Kate! Mine has no walls or ceiling at the moment, lol,

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pins must be about 10 years old lol I love the look of these ones.

    Not sure about the berries, maybe lay it out with the other blocks to see if it is too plain.

    Number 26 for me please

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have 13 please. I mostly stick to Olfa mats and cutters. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Number 25. I'm not too much of a quilting snob, but I always go to Olfa for cutting and mats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Number 19 for me.

    I think I prefer with the berries, just adds that bit extra.
    I am not a brand snob buy I am very open to trying any quality brand. Cheap is good for practice/learning but paying extra for quality is well worth it.

    My sewing room needs a good tidy up, it becomes the dumping area as everything can be shoved out of the way and the doors shut to hide the mess.

    ReplyDelete