Thursday, September 5, 2013

Centre Block thoughts please

So I thought I should find a suitable replacement 
centre block design for Dancing Grandma's

this is what the finished quilt will almost look like,
this is the orginal quilt, not the re worked one by Kim McLean


this is the centre of the quilt in the book, which I hate


(A) I could use this, 1 in each corner of the background block


or (B) I could enlarge this for the centre


my main issue is the centre square is 25 x 25 inches
so its a biggie, and I could find any Baltimore patterns that
I liked free online.

So what do you thin A or B or do you have a link to C



1 comment:

  1. I don't think this will help, but still it might provide some inspiration... A Dutch quilter, Supergoof, has made this quilt with a very interesting center of stitcheries from Dutch blue tiles, combined with lace and broderie. You can see numerous pictures here: http://supergoof-quilts.blogspot.nl/search/label/Dancing%20Dollies

    Good luck!! I'm really curious what it'll be!!

    ReplyDelete