Hamish might just be coming to town.
I went through Cyclone Larry home alone with 4 kids, dh was at work, the girlies were in pre school, so they were 4 and my baby girlie was 2 we made our way downstairs to the dungeon at 2am and it was windy then
I will NEVER forget what it was like watching the wind swirl from every direction, watching the louvers on the front of the house fly across the road and into the HUGE trees out the back, our pergola frame distintergrated and ended up in our pool, to have no power for 5 days and of course being Cairns it was stinking hot, no power meant no hot water, no phone, no cooking at all, no air con. Then the clean up, do you know how hard it is to remove a 20 year old palm tree that went over our fence into the neighbours yard.
Then waiting for council to arrive to do the green waste clean up that was building up out the front, and for the 'special' collection of everyones freezer contents
Good times.....NOT
Goodluck to you all with Hamish, I hope he loses puff and goes back out to sea.
and if he doesn't can I suggst you buy ALOT of batteries, for torches and radios, you will need them and gas for your BBQ so you can at least still eat.
I'll post some post Larry photos as soon as I find which folder they are hiding in on the puter.
Oh, Kate, I too am hoping everyone is okay with Hamish - where do you live, please - I'm 54k south of Perth, Port Kennedy?
ReplyDeleteHugs - Lurline♥