Monday, March 30, 2009

On My Bed

YIPPEE


I started this sampler quilt at a beginners patchwork class in June 08, it was 100% put together but I was having some issues when it came to quilting as it was so bulky



so.....



I dropped it off to the quilting lady about a month ago and this is what she returned to me at sewing last week, so over the weekend I made some binding as I cant' find the original binding, and I sewed it down finishing late yesterday afternoon. After a wash in the machine and a tumble on low in the dryer and TA DA



(excuse the fluff and it's un ironed)






and some of the quilting






each corner is quilted this way looks stunning




and the basket block quilting

have a great day I am off to work

I wonder what the delivery man will bring this week????

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't your sampler quilt look great - I'm envious that you had it professionally quilted, I've never felt able to afford it yet - nor have I felt that anything I've made is good enough to warrant it. I made a sampler quilt in black, white and red too and love it. I quilted each block by hand as I went along, using a quilt-as-you-go method.

    ReplyDelete