Monday, May 4, 2009

Photo Heavy

Remember this pile of fabric









Friday afternoon it started looking like this









by Sunday night it looked like this









I added the 2 borders and girlie # 2 who 'just knew' it was for her loves it and told her sisters that 'it'll be finished in a couple of days' she wishes, lol I am giving myself 2 weeks to have it 100% finished as I am hand quilting it, then, all the girlie's quilts will have been handquilted by me oh I am using a verigated signature thread, looks great on the flowers :)


Now my redwork cushion swap arrived last week, from Marina in Victoria


ta da



How spoilt was I and lol I found the card for my swap recipient today oops, I'll have to pop it in the post to her this week lol.

tonight I am doing the backing, wadding, top thing I just need to iron the backing tape it to the floor and baste it, best get going if I am going to have it ready to start quilting while I watch Underbelly! I am going to hand quilt it as the other 2 girlie's quilts are hand quilted.......I may regret this one lol
does anyone know where my masking tape is hiding.....

2 comments:

  1. lovely quilt for your girl........and the redwork cushions have all been great.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your Redwork cushion Kate and you are "oh so speedy" sewing up a quilt...well done. The colours are divine, no wonder your daughter loves it.
    Kind Regards
    Judith
    www.creativestudio10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete