Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Passed

with flying colours....our inspection that is lol

Still no photo's to share I know I am slack.....

I spent yesterday very frustrated with a quilt I am making for MY BED. I sewed, I unpicked, I cut the fabric wider, I sewed, I swore, I unpicked.....are you getting the picture.

So instead of getting so frustrated that I wanted to throw it all in the bin, I went and had lunch with my man, came home, took a deep breath and got back into it.

I am so happy to say that I finally got it right and I added my borders that were causing me grief. I am about to test the size on my bed so I can add the other borders so I have 'overhang' on the sides. I will be so pleased to get this finished and handed over to my quilting lady.

Baby C's quilt has 1/4 of the binding to be sewn on, girlie # 2's quilt is staring at me and calling me to finish the hand quilting so I guess that should move my higher on my sewing priority list, she is dropping the odd 'Is it finished yet mum' so I need to pull out my finger.

Off to work today, armed with my quilt top and baby C's quilt, I might just manage to get it finished today.

oh before I go can everyone go and visit Deb she is undergoing spinal surgery tomorrow and give her some good vibes for her recovery. Tell her I sent you.

oh and a big congrats to Jo she won a bundle of fabric to do the Breast of Friends quilt that has been in the last few issues of Homespun. Might just need to have a go at entering some of these magazine competions myself.

and bigger Congrats to Sarah on the arrival of her wee man, and YAY she did it all HER WAY

Have a fabulous day and don't forget to go and visit Deb please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment