All appears to be peaceful and back to normal here, happy people all around :)
I had a great week work wise, except for Wednesday where I hid in the workroom so I wouldn't cry when our customers asked how I was lol, I had a chat with the girls and felt much better with what was happening.
Thursday and Friday the quilting retreat that was on, we had Allison Schwabe, Gina Burgess, Robyn McDonald, Jenny Forbes, Deborah Louie, Jan Mullins, Kathryn Smith as tutors they are all inspiring women. I did a class with Robyn McDonald who is the needleturn guru of Western Australia it was a 2 day class and we spent more time laughing than anything else she had these Kevlar circles which you can iron, we are so getting some of those at work :) as a result Deb and I are off to Perth next week on a Thelma and Louise minus the cliff, road trip
Sanshi here I come, I have THE perfect quilt pattern
I bought 1 thing at the retreat.....a pattern, which is currently spread over the floor in rows waiting to be joined with sashing, I have done 3 rows that means I only have 5 more rows to go...... and its in my lusted after reproduction fabrics. I am also going to make it in lap quilt size for work using moda beach house fat quarters. Its just too easy :)
Saturday I went grocery shopping and bought some new pants and shoes while I was out. Saturday night I had the retreat dinner, then met up with DH and his workmates across the road at the pub for a few drinks we got home around 1am....I think. Sunday we relaxed, the girlie's played, I sewed and DH was unwell :) :) :)
today I hung out at home in my pj's until after lunch, it was fantastic
No comments:
Post a Comment