the capping is on and glued down,
we had half a cubic metre or luscious top soil with all the goodness added delivered and it has been shoveled into the garden bed then after school 2 girlies and I planted out our new garden bed, along with the existing weeping birch, federation daisy and the bulbs that have popped up (which I didn't plant) we now have a 2nd federation daisy, a daphne bush, a blue daisy that will grow down the front of the wall (3 more going in after we go to the market on Sunday), a strawberry ice agapanthus and some mini dutch irises and its looks great, oh and we need a bale of pea straw so its mulched
Was too dull outside for a photo by the time we finished so I will snap one in the morning.
Hubs did a great job.
We also bought 3 raised garden boxes that are 1200 x 900 x 300 for the backyard so we can have a veggie garden. I'll put them together tomorrow then go back to the landscape dude to organise more yummy soil I think we will have to have a lil working bee with my dad to get the dirt from the drive to the back yard, and that hill is steep when you have to walk up it constantly, I told the girlies they could grow strawberries in 1, so the can each have a little strawberry patch of their own.
I managed to get 2 more stitcheries done for my Gardeners' Journal quilt, then I realised block 2 of Down in the Garden is due to arrive any day and I hadn't stitched any of it oops, I now have the rosemary and the main stitchery left and for the record I am hopeless at chain stitch lol, so I just backstitched the birdhouse and the 'frame' thingie, again photos tomorrow.
and roll on Friday because my 'present' should arrive. I am so excited and can't wait to get it and at some stage I need to put the beast in for a service :( lucky I have lots of hand sewing to do, like 50 pies and 72 tarts, no pressure at all.
I was going to add a photo of my pillow hogger but bloggest seems to not want to allow me to upload any photos tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment