Yesterday saw us all up and at it at 6am
all because we went to Canberra which was a 3.5hr
drive away
dh had a meeting at Parliament House so the girlies and
I were left to do our own thing
so whats a girl to do but shop :)
We visited 2 patchwork shops where I bought some goodies
the 1st one we went to was wonderful the staff were
friendly and hepful and made you feel at home
the 2nd one left alot to be desired, the salesperson
was rude and very unhelpful, they ignored me until I asked
about a had a kit for a great quilt but it was in
'Little Apples' fabric, I wanted the kit to make my MIL xmas present
Little Apples wasn't right for her, so I asked it they could make me a kit using
Hometown Fabrics and post it to me,
her reply was
'Do you have ANY idea how long that would take' I told her I did
as I had spent 18 months working in a patchwork shop, she made such a
who haa about it I told her very blunty to
FORGET IT! instead I spent 20 minutes online and ordered
4 charm packs of Hometown + a layer cake of Moda Solid and
even with postage it was CHEAPER than that shop, and its a shop I will
never go to again.
anyhoo
some photos of our day and goodies
Parliament House
Old Parliamnet House
the Beryls
Yummy Hometown by Sweetwater Fabric
quilting patterns so I can practice on the frame
binding fabric for pies and tarts, white quilters muslin and
spots just because
Spotlight goodies, the T pins are for the frame, the little tins have
a sewing kit in them I want the tins for needles and thimbles etc
pattern for Imogen who NEEDS a purple and pink owl pillow
the new Schnibbles book, I have just ordered 2 layer cakes
of Ruby to make the cover quilt.
oh and the carpark rage, I found a park in the Canberra Centre carpark and was about to
reverse into it when this fat chick started abusing me because I got to it first and
she wouldn't back up so I could get into it, so I had to find another, I wanted to slap her
and wash her mouth out with soap.
We found one though, had some lunch, went to a Baby Big W, the girlies
spent their money, I bought 2 shirts, a DVD and ironing board cover
then we made our way back to pick up dh, went to the Tuggeranong
Hyperdome to Kmart and got the girlies some clothes, a stable table
had some dinner and started our long drive home, finally walking in the
door to a very happy cat at 9pm.
Big day and we were all exhausted but we can now say we have
been to every state and territory in Australia :)
Well done with that quiltshop 'lady'!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the pictures from Canberra's Parliament House and The 'Wedding Cake':>)
So nice to see and it makes me feel being there again, where I was in November 2009! I had a terrific time, staying with friends in Jerrabomberra.
Love the fabrics you bought.
Cheers!
Jeanneke.
go you!!! sometimes these shop owners suck...lol...sorry to hear that mate,,but ya didnt get your hometown from me..so next time I will be rude too...hahah Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh...you sure are making heaps miss kate..you must be loving it up there...cheers and catch up soon!!!!
ReplyDelete