Friday, January 27, 2012

First finish for 2012

I have been storing crates, boxes of fabric,
boxes of stuff, my empty sewing machine box
and other 'stuff' under the quilty beasts table

I see that stuff everyday, and everyday it
drives me crazy.

So today at lunch I decided that today was the
day to make the quilty beast table a skirt.

So I dug through my most likely never to be used fabric
and found a range that I thought would work as I
had enough to do my thing with

2 hours of sewing,
14 cup hooks,
5 metres of curtain wire stuff
7 metres of fabric and

ta da

the quilty beast has a skirt


and I love the change it has made to my sewing room
and Henrycat has a new hiding place to chase
his lizards into lol


I have left the back open as its against the wall unless the beast
is in use

Two of the girlies and I went to Tura Beach today to collect
a Sunbeam Reversagrill. I can't wait to use it


It can be used with the grill plate


or with the flat plate


I am planning on using the grill plate more than the
flat plate.

I have started stitching again at night.
I am onto the final block of In My Garden,
I have 2 and bit little blocks to go
then
2 big blocks to sew together.

Then it will be all sewn together, borders added
and quilted.

I can't wait to get it done and hanging up somewhere.

School goes back on Monday yippee, the kids can't wait and
if I am honest neither can I, its been a l-o-n-g 6 weeks.

Have a great weekend, happy stitching if you get a chance.

I have a housework date tomorrow, then we have some of dh's
family arriving, we haven't seen them since our wedding and they haven't met our girls
so it should be a fun day.

Sunday we are planing on going for a hike up Mt Imlay if the weather
is fine otherwise it will be a day in my sewing room for me.


2 comments:

  1. Very shabby chic Miss Kate, and good use of the 'never likely to be used' fabric.
    byeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beasty curtains Miss Kate. They make such a difference and its true what they "if you can't see it, it won't annoy you". I bet Henry cat loves it.

    ReplyDelete