Wednesday, May 16, 2012

its a Finish

the Kaleidoscope Hexagons Quilt that is

I managed to finish all the quilting on it yesterday it took me 5 days
of doing little bits at a time to get it quilted, then I used
up the 'leftovers' and made some binding

then stayed up until the wee small hours of this morning stitching
the binding on.

Washed it, dried it and it looks fabulous

I just need Summer to come back so I can put it on my bed


remember this quilt, ( top finished June 11)


fabric is Summers End & Butterfly Garden,
by Kansas Trouble quilters




This morning I pieced together backing fabric for it
and it's now on the quilty beast and I have even started
the quilting, no fancy pattern, just an all over
stipple using Black Rasant thread, I love Rasant thread
for quilting, I'm hoping to get the majority of it done
tomorrow then Friday finish it off and sew
the binding on and stitch it down
Friday and Saturday night

this is my new winter quilt, and I can't wait for it to make it
onto my bed.

Otherwise life goes on as normal here, we had a party on
Saturday night for hubby's birthday, good friends, good food
and few drinks, perfect way to celebrate

Sunday I got to sit and stitch and watch crap on tv, while hubby
and the girlies looked after me for a change, I had bacon and eggs
for breakfast, Lasagne for lunch and Chinese for dinner and an early
night :)

I will pop back tomorrow and share a photo
of the finished Hexagon Quilt

oh an excitment plus, the tv man finally called in yesterday and
sorted out our tv reception issues, we now have crystal clear
reception and its running through the Austar like its supposed to
and tomorrow hubby is crawling under the house to moved
the aerial cord from the bunkers room to my sewing room

now if the real eastate can pull out their fingers and get all the
jobs that need doing here, I will be one happy bunny




1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the real estate guys! On a happier note, your quilt is beautiful! You must be so pleased with it!

    ReplyDelete