Thursday, August 16, 2012

It'a a me, Mario

I know that at the start of the year I said that 2012 was
the year of the Stash and UFO, I was only going to sew with what I had
on hand and try so hard not to purchase new fabrics
(I personally think that I have done very well to stick to my
year of the stash) but I have caved

Last night I bought new fabric, lots of new fabric
from the Fat Quarter Shop

for a quilt along I found yesterday

I am a Super Mario Bros. addict, we have
Super Mario Bros for the wii, for ds
we used to have him for the nintendo 64
and as the new games are released we buy them

well yesterday I found a 
Super Mario Bros. Quilt A Long 
and I knew that I was going to make
this quilt.

Dh just laughed, the girls are already fighting
over who gets the finished quilt...

excuse me girlies that would be ME



how cute is this quilt, now all I need is to find the
wash-away stabiliser they use and as soon as 
my fabrics arrive I will be good to go :)

I have sewn 4 more granny squares :)

and tomorrow its off to Bega for
the zone athletics carnival, I will be watching with 
Hexagons and holly leaves  in hand :)



1 comment: