Monday, August 13, 2012

Still Stitching

 Friends for Christmas, I managed to stitch another
3 holly leaves down on Saturday night, now I only
have 10 more to stitch down before I can sew the 
top together. Luckily Christmas is still
41/2 months away :)

Lots of progress on my hexagons too.

I had 400 hexagon papers arrive in the post last 
week, waiting on the other 600 that I ordered

so I cut up another 2 jelly rolls of hexagons 
and started the long process of basting .

My pile of completed hexagon flowers now stands
4 inches high :)

Its impossible to get a photo of anything on the ironing
board without Henrycat getting in the picture :)


and this is my pile of basted, waiting to become flowers
hexagons (and henrycats tail)


and from the top, there are approximately
80 flowers in this box


and Happy mail Today. I pre ordered this book way back in
April, and it finally arrived today. I can't wait for the weather 
to warm up so I can do some quilting on the 
'Frank, the quilty beast' again, Its just way to cold in the shed
to stay in there for any length on time.



Yesterday we headed off to Bemboka, for Em's last soccer game
of the season. Her team have been on the bottom of the ladder
since soccer started, we were goal-less until Emma kicked her teams FIRST goal 
last month, well yesterday they managed to kick 4, 
1 was dis allowed as it came off
someones arm :(, and 1 was unintentionally kicked into their
opponents goals, so only 2 were counted.

But they got TWO GOALS

its such shame the season has finished as they finally got it 
together.

Next year they will do so much better, we are sure of it.

1 comment: