Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I've Been Bitten

by the hexagon bug

last week I bought 400 3/4" hexagon papers

then spent 2 days cutting out fabric
and 3 nights basting my hexagons
the old fashioned way with needle and thread

and as of today I have these 


and the container of basted hexies


and the container of needing more paper pieces to baste


today's growing pile of freshly cut hexagons


the jelly roll and a half of waiting to be cut hexagons


and the offcuts of todays hexagons.


I ordered more hexagon papers on Sunday, another
1000, they should be here tomorrow or Thursday 
which is perfect timing as Miss Emma made it into the
school athletics team and we are off to cold cold cold Bega
on friday for the zone carnival. I will be basting hexagons
while we are there.


but I am really unsure of what I am going to make with them,
I have a collection of older range jelly rolls so I am using them
the ranges are Martinique, Beach House, Patisserie and I have
some Garden Party and Astor Manor charm square packs.

If anyone knows where I could get a 2nd charm square pack of
Garden Party and Astor Manor, could you please let me know as I 
only get 4 hexes per charm square and I need 7 for a full flower.

I still haven't finished off the leaves on my Friends For Christmas quilt
so I might take that with me to on Friday.

Fingers in to many pies, is constantly ringing in my ears
at the moment lol



4 comments:

  1. I love them such pretty little hexes !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, You have been keeping super busy!!! I can't believe how many little hexies you've managed to get cut & sewn...... has it been like a "24/7 bug bite" ???LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a busy girl, but your hexagons are pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  4. your hexies look so pretty.
    Sounds like many more beautiful flowers to come with those fabric ranges.

    ReplyDelete