Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gunna Goanna

Thanks to Telstra I am back with lots to share

I bought home a quilt to make for mum,
as she can't do hand sewing anymore, with
lots of needleturn appliqué and hand piecing.

Saturday I thought that maybe I should 
pull out my finger and start getting the appliqué 
done.

Mum had started 2 blocks already, a flower
on 1 and the stem on the other, so I 
spent Saturday night and Sunday night
finishing them off



this is the block I am currently working on, and
I am also prepping for the next block


My Lancaster BOM is up to date, this is what it looked
like on Saturday afternoon


and by Sunday afternoon it looked like this


and our unwanted visitor, meet Gunna Goanna
he was chased around the house by the 
naughty puppy and cornered in a rabbit proofed
garden,so the only way was up



he was HUGE, and Imogen and I spent a lot of
time at the sunroom window watching him


eventually he turned a corner and discovered
Henrycat sitting in the window


after eyeing each other off Gunna got bored
and climbed down off the house  and went up the 
Norfolk Pine to hide in the branches and by 
7pm he had climbed out
of the tree and made his escape.

Bye Gunna, don't rush back.

4 comments:

  1. The quilt you are making for your mum is beautiful and take a look at your Lancaster, you got through that so quickly. We are now at the same stage so I can see you streaking ahead of me in no time. Not commenting on the visitor .... yuck :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. They give you a fight don't they, goannas? So big and so fast! We used to get them on our property occasionally when we lived in the Riverland (SA).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching them...........amazing creatures..........but I wouldn't want him on my wall............lol.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cool!!!! We only get Moose in our yard occasionally....

    ReplyDelete