Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Delights

They are all out and I am home alone, so it
was a perfect time for me to blog about Chrsitmas

From Cheryll my partner in 
Mrs Martin's Christmas Angel Swap 
I received these lovely lovely goodies

there were also chocolates, but some girlies who live here
might have eaten  ate those......


from Leanne, who was my partner in the yahoo
group I am part of, again the girlies who live here
might have eaten ate the chocolates


from Peg, who sent me these so I had something to open on Christmas day
as my SSCS gift was held up due to bad mail handling....


I sent to Anne-Heidi in Norway

her Christmas Day gift



and the decoration



from my dh and the girlies,

The Naked Chef cookbooks (I love Jamie Oliver)
and Andy Allen who won the last series of Masterchef


I ADORE my new winter hat, really I love it and it was 
THE BEST present I received


Angry Birds 3DS game and pencil toppers


from my MIL and FIL


and from Santa

The complete BOM set of Butterfly Garden
by Leanne Beasley


as soon as I have mums quilt finished this is my next project.

Its lovely having mum and dad here, we have all eaten too much food,
drank alot of coffee, maybe drank a lot of alcohol, MAYBE I said ;)
we have just pottered around and done some touristy things, they are 
currently at the Whale Museum with Em and Imogen, we have been
to Bega and shopped, the kids had Christmas money they needed to
spend. Dh has only worked today so he has been home too its been lovely.

No sewing has been done at all, not even at night, we have been
playing Canasta of an evening, which is alot of fun, but time
is ticking by too quickly and Monday will be here before we know it
I am going to have Dh take them to the airport and I know
mum and I will cry if I take them.....



7 comments:

  1. great post Kate and what gorgeous presnts you received and sent in the swaps,isnt Peg just gorgeous,enjoy your gifts kate.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Kate, what a lovely lot of goodies you received. So pleased that you have had a lovely time with your Mum and Dad. Christmas is such a special time with family without even having your Mum's illness in the background to think about.
    Try not to cry too much when you say goodbye to them although what the heck I always cry when I say goodbye for any reason so go for it.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. you received some lovely goodies.....and sent a great parcel to Anne Heidi.....enjoy your last day with your Mum and Dad visiting........

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous goodies both sent and received there Kate, and what you made for Anne Heidi is really lovely, well done.
    Also, congrats on finishing your SKOW quilt, it looks amazing, such a commitment and you've done a fantastic job of it, now you can sit and admire for years to come!!
    visiting from SCCS list

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the SKOW finish, it looks fantasic....the gifts you had made were just amazing Kate.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas :-) I am ejoying a day "home alone" with Kristine today- Svein and the boys are away at a ski race. Hope to get some sewing done....
    I LOVE the quilt you made me, it is really gorgeous!!! Hope your SSCS parcel arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi kate, i have just stopped by after seeing the gorgeous gingerbread quilt you made for anne-heidi. Is this one of your own designs?

    ReplyDelete