Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Its Clean Up time

my Christmas creating over the last few weeks has
left my sewing room looking more like a
bomb site than a place to sit and sew 
and enjoy the space.

See what I am faced with

pins, cotton and who else knows what under my sewing cabinet


my cutting table, which I can use ONLY if nothing needs to be cut
larger than a 4" square


even the floor below my design wall


and my computer desk, I can't get to the ironing
basket so that is piling up on the chair too


the empty lindt chocolate tins need to be binned, they were
for the girlies Christmas gifts for their teachers.

its not even organised chaos...sigh

The final 4 blocks of mums quilt... 1 done 3 to do in the New Year
because


month 5 of Lancaster has arrived, so I will be working on this
until all the appliqué borders are complete





4 more big sleeps until my mummy and daddy arrive 
(hence the big clean up lol)

and this morning I had the awful job of
telling dh that his uncle had passed away in the early hours
of the morning. 
I have kept him home from work (compassionate leave)
and sent him to golf.

We won't be attending the funeral but have flowers on the
way, there really isn't much else we can do from here.

RIP Uncle Lloyd.
The world lost a true gentleman this morning.


2 comments:

  1. Look at you streaking away with your Lancaster Quilt :O) Now it's come to the needle turn applique I have come to a grinding halt! lol I don't even know how to tackle it, what method to use or to just go with button hole :( Maybe I should sent it to you :o) Nothing like a mum coming to visit to kick us into gear and clean up a little :o) Enjoy, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our thoughts are with you all Kate...

    Enjoy the time with your Mum and Dad... hugs

    ReplyDelete