Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Putting things into Perspective

Its been an eye opening 24 hours for me

in my former crafting life I was a scrapbooker
I was a member of 2 sites, and made some wonderful online
friendships that have since moved over to Facebook

yesterday a lady who was also on one of those sites
posted on her facebook page that her beloved daughter
had passed away from Cancer,

she was 13 years old.

 I have also reconnected with another friend
only to find that she had just spent 12 months 
fighting for her life, and it appears that she has
WON her battle with Breast Cancer,
this lady is my age, 41....

It got me thinking, life is way to short

so my priorities are changing.

I am a very anal organised person, if I know
we have visitors coming, I will clean the house, 
even if I cleaned it the day before.
I have to make my bed everyday
I cannot stand clothes on the floor

I used to stress with blogging, why
didn't anyone comment on my posts,

who cares if no one comments, I know
people are reading, I see it in my stats

its OK to not comment

so from today

I will try to just go with the flow, if I don't have the
exact ingredient the recipe calls for
I will try to wing it.

Really who cares if the bed isn't made (i do)
and there are dishes in the sink.....

my priority from today is
to ensure my children and husband are
happy and content, 

to play more games 
to spend more time with those I love
to dance in the rain

to just have FUN.

Cancer Sucks, 
it really SUCKS

in amongst all of that I have stitched the second block
of Tail Feathers, and I am now starting the 3rd.

block 2


and blocks 1 & 2 together




I have prepped 16 Japanese Jane blocks,
all applique blocks as we are going on a wee break next
week, 4 days of no phone calls, no routine,
just 4 days of relaxing, swimming and stitching


not travelling to far as DH needs to be able to get home if
there are any major drama's at work











5 comments:

  1. Sometimes we need these little bits of perspective...

    and I don't care if you're bed is made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same as Toni, I don't care of your bed is made but I can't help it, Mine HAS TO BE made everyday!! lol Have a great few days away and your Tail Feathers is looking great. I am still working on Block 1 (Hopefully my Dear Jane program will be here in the next day or two) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cancer certainly SUCKS...my Brother has been diagnosed and they can't do a thing about it because of his Heart (ie no surgery)...

    I have to make my bed every day too ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow we could all start our very own blog (chuckle)
    I cannot leave the bed un made, or clothes on the floor, or the toilet roll not rolling the right way or leave the ironing more than a day... (chuckle)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a decorative plate with the saying "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..." ....but I still don't like to have clothes on the floor (which is more about me being afraid of spiders finding a home in them than anything else :) - and I have to make the bed before I leave the house every morning...usually!!

    ReplyDelete