Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ta Da

one extra large lap quilt for one little girlie, who I might add kept looking out the window to make sure it was still on the clothes line drying lol, she is daggy child.




They are not the best photo's but it was a bit windy and I was having a bit of trouble holding the quilt and photographing it at the same time lol camera's just aren't designed for left handed people.



so without further ado










please excuse the towel in the background it was my weekly washing of the towels day


and my attempt at hand quilting this is the backing.






I have more to share but its too dark to take photo's.I have been asked to make a quilt to display at work, so tonight I selected my quilt and collected all the fabric, I can't wait to get stuck into it, the centre is all needle turn applique and I will admit that now I know how to do it I love needle turn applique.

I have the 2nd day of the Ricky Tims convergence class tomorrow I am detiremined to get it finished so I'l share that too.

and did you know that in the last 2 weeks I have managed to COMPLETE 3 quilt tops, and 1 is 100% finished :) I am going to get 1 quilted by a professional and the 3rd I just need some backing fabric and I am good to stitch in the ditch, that one is my bushfire donation quilt(1 of 2) and I got an open toe darning foot tonight so I am going to have a play with stippling on Friday and if that doesn't work I have a stippling template so I will just stipple by hand if all else fails lol.

Have a great day and I promise I will be back tomorrow with some more photos

4 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised your daughter is anxious to get hold of her new quilt and start using it, it's really lovely. You have been busy this month, and it sounds as if you have plenty more to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy. Love your little girl's quilt, bet she can't wait to be wrapped up in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate the colours on your daughters quilt are stunning, what a fabulous job you have made of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab Quilt...Your hand quilting looks Great too...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete