Monday, June 29, 2009

We survived the Sleepover

The birthday girlie's had their first ever sleepover on Saturday night, each got to invite 2 friends each, they all made their own party bags, watched movies, ate lots of junk, piled into the car as I forgot to lock up the chooks to lock them up, generally made way to much noise, ate pizza for their dinner, were all sent to bed by 9pm and finally they were asleep 10pm.

Remember my post a few days ago about my girlie who was having friend issues, well dh and I saw first hand how she is treated and I wasn't very happy about it at all.

One of our guests has a very dominent personality and she wanted my girlie's guests to sleep in the same room as her, they replied that they couldn't as E had invited them and that wouldn't be fair, unfortunately E's twin sister also got in on the 'picking at E, act so we had a sad girlie for a couple of hours.

The girls all drew on the fabric squares for the girlie's wall hangings that I have planned, the pictures that were drawn tell 1000 tales. Suffice to say that 2 of those drawings will be going on the back of the wall hangings and the littlest girlie's pictures will be used in the tops.

and it was my 32+6th birthday last Friday, my girlie's and dh bought me a nintendo ds, and some games. and I bought myself Super Mario 64 ds, now I love Super Mario but I also loathe him as he keeps falling off and dying. Frustrating but so much fun, Last night DH spent 3 hrs playing space invaders on one of the girls ds too.

I also received some beautiful reproduction fabrics in the fat 1/4 birthday swap that Maree organised, there is one more to arrive then I will post a picture, Lurline, Donna, Peg, Anita and Dale thank you all so much I LOVE the fabrics.

oh and my pincushion swap arrived at its destination :) so all is good there.

right I best get going we have some truly awful weater heading our way so its time to move some stuff from the deck before its blown away.

Have a great day

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kate. My DH bought me a DS for Christmas and I recently bought Mario too. so I know exactly what you feel about the frustration! Can you let me have your address - your PIF gift is ready to post. I felt so much for you with your worries about your daughter, it's so hard to know what to do for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday for Friday Kate, sounds like you had a lovely day.
    So pleased you managed to find some answer to your daughters probs, little (and bigger) girls can be such bitches-pardon me-can't they. My Daughter had a few problems like that, she is now 17 and has few close friends but many acquantances (? spelling). She is very trusting of people and gets hurt so easily, not fair at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday........so pleased to hear the fabrics arrived..........

    ReplyDelete