Thursday, September 10, 2009

A finish and Goodies



Its finished (finally) my girl woke up this morning to find she had slept under it ALL NIGHT




A HUGE thank you to Helena for designing this quilt and for pulling my name out of a hat for a copy of the pattern.




I will admit to loving the quilt but hating the quilting. I sent it off with the cotton I wanted it quilted in, and got it back to find that the cotton I had chosen WASN'T used, and she had used something else.....so now it doesn't have the POP factor I wanted, not happy Jan. The quiting lady (QL) has 2 other quilts of mine at the moment and I am a bit nervous....






A new book, it has some fantastic patterns in it.


and so does this one, I already have one earmarked to do, I have the jelly roll, the cream background, the 60degree triangle ruler, I just need to get 3 other projects out of the way before I can proceed......


so many projects so little time lol

Have a great day and I hope the sun is shining

3 comments:

  1. Kate, the quilt looks lovely and I can certainly understand DD loving it. Bit of a cheek by the quilting lady though, you should have been spoken to if the thread was going to be changed at least.....naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You quilt is gorgeous and I just love the fabrics. Bit of a worry with your quilting lady though. Those books look interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the quilt looks great and what a nice surprise for your girly..........I would be checking out what's happneing with the other 2 quitls...........

    ReplyDelete