Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sew Busy

As I mentioned yesterday I am making a quilt for Poppy's birthday present and for him to wrap himself in our love while he under goes whatever treatment he needs. I have had a pattern here for ages, in fact it was one of the 1st quilt patterns I ever bought, I went into the shop yesterday and picked up some fabrics, I choose a Bali Pop and some Bali prints as the feature fabrics then spent last night sewing strips together, and I cut and cut and cut and cut, then drew 120 lines on the back of 4.5" squares and went to bed absolutely exhausted and got a full nights sleep too.

Today I have sewn and unpicked, re sewn and unpicked then decided that I would seek assistance at work, we worked out where i was going wrong, I eventually came home and have continued with the sew and unpicked method I have perfected lol, but I have made progress, I have all the blocks together & half the setting triangles together so its been a productive day really. Its coming to work tomorrow, as its Melbourne Cup it will be very very quiet so the girls have offered to help me gt it done.

Its very bold, and not my colours at all but DH assures me its all good.

otherwise

the girlie's had their dancing concert on Saturday night, they were gorgeous and did so well. Girlie # 1 got a trophy for most improved in Tap, I was sooooooo proud of her. Girlie # 3 was just her gorgeous self, although we discovered a jealous streak in her, when she declared that she was throwing our her jazz and tap shoes and was going to do it anymore...the reason was she didn't get a trophy like her big sister..... lol. I took my big camera, zoom lens and the external flash, got myself all set up in the theatre to find the batteries were very very flat :( so no photo's until we were home I'll share them soon.

Booked the boy's flights today, spoke to my other boy this morning he is going to Poppy's birthday party and DH will get to meet the girlfriend, he's looking forward to the break and he really needs it

Ohhhhh I took advantage of the strong Aussie $ and ordered some goodies from the Fat Quarter Shop. My parcel arrived today. Girlie # 3 was very excited as its her quilt kit that arrived, and 2 clover unpickers. Another on my to do list. I have been madly trying to get the last few things together for the Advent Swap, gift # 25 is almost ready and I still need to a couple of things so exciting.

and I broke the iron. It fell off the ironing board, onto its tip and flattened it out completely. Rather annoying really as we are onto our 3rd iron in 9 months. Concrete floors are expensive. The new iron beeps when the auto off kicks inm very very annoying and I will be emailing sunbeam to find out how to stop the beeping rofl.

Stitchers'angel went postal 2 weeks ago :)

I think I might need a holiday too :)

Keep an eye out for a giveaway, I've had nearly 10 000 hits, if you visit please say HI

Good luck if your having a bet on the Cup tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are getting help with that quilt - I'm sure your fil will love it, and I said a prayer for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Word its sounds as though you have been extremely busy. It is amazing what you can get done when under the pump though, hope it all tunrs out beautifully! cheers Kathy

    ReplyDelete