Sunday, August 1, 2010

So Sorry

that the pincushion hasn't been drawn

Miss S came down with Miss I's gastro bug today then Miss I had a relapse tonight and now we are waiting for Miss E to have her turn, I am bleaching everything as I DO NOT want a turn with their bug lol

I am very over vomit lol

Tomorrow night we will draw the winner.

On a quilty note

I am desperately seeking a mariners compass pattern, I am wanting one with lots of points, and have spent the last 2 days going through every book and magazine in the house, I like the one that is in the current issue of Quilters Companion, but hubs doesn't like all the flying geese I have told him we can adapt it but he still isn't sure

does anyone have any books or patterns to recommend??

I did borrow a book from Pauline at Calico Crossroads which had THE perfect one in it but there was no pattern and I am hopeless at drafting patterns lol so the hunt is still on.

Busy week this week, Mum and I have sewing at school tomorrow afternoon

Tuesday the naughty puppy is back to the vet for his ear checkup

Wednesday the car goes into the smash repairer for 2 days (yay for hire cars)

Thursday is looking quiet so far, but we do have some trees and a hydrangea to shift to different locations in the garden, and hubs has some shelves to put up in the sewing room

Friday hubs is off to Melbourne for an interview (fingers crossed its a shore based job)

Saturday we are all off to Hobart for the day ,the Quilted Crow is re opening  after moving the shop :), Salamanca Market and lunch somewhere yummy

Sunday is going to be a recovery day I think, and in amongst all of that we have the usual groceries, housework, bill paying and of course I am hoping to get some sewing done.

I am getting tired just thinking about it

My apologies again for the non announcement but no one felt up to their name drawing duties.

Heres to spew free days ahead

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are all feeling better..... sounds like you are busy busy.... no luck on the pattern front here - I will have a look through some magazines.... Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the girlies are recovering from the bug that's upset their poor tummies.
    Might see you at the Crow's opening, travel safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor girlies... I really hope you don't get it... it's the last thing you need!
    enjoy dh home won't you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you look in these mags, you will find a mariners compass, or version of:
    Australian Country Craft 4-1 page 50, 4-5 page 37, Patchwork & Quilting 7-7 page 9, 9-10 page 21, 13-3 page 111, 13-8 page 11, Quilters Companion 21 page 86.

    ReplyDelete