Monday, October 18, 2010

Pennsylvania Dutch & a Family Treasure

Is the name of the BOM I did through The Fat Quarter Shop.

and

ta da


Its ready to be quilted by the lovely Leanne


and one of it in all its glory

all I can say is

thank goodness its finished

and whats my treasure???

Well when my Grandma passed away 25 years ago, my
aunt inherited Grandma's crystal cabinet, well about 4 years ago she
asked my mum if anyone wanted it, mum said NO, and I wasn't happy because
I wanted it

yesterday guess what arrived at my house

Grandma's crystal cabinet, minus the glass shelves lol

so I have a little bit of Grandma in my house forever and that
makes me smile :)

I will share a photo as soon as I get some shelves and hubs
buys me some crystal for it lol

I have no idea how old it is, I am very close to the the big 4 number.....
and I always remember it being next to the front door
my guess is its between 50-60 years old.

I'll have to ask Gumdrops how old it is.

it was as exciting as when Dad passed his much loved rocking chair
on to me when we moved home this year, the rocking chair is 80 years old
not suitable for sitting on, but looks great with a quilt hanging on it.


1 comment:

  1. Good on you, what a great finish. Just love the colours - well done.
    hugs
    Miche'le

    ReplyDelete