Saturday, May 19, 2012

FNSI results and another OPAM finish

I managed to get the binding sewn onto my
Bear Paws quilt yesterday after I got Henrycat to
relinquish his sleep spot


Then Henrycat and I watched the tugs 'Bulimba & Warringah' head out
to meet the woodchip ship that Webby was bringing into Port


He blasted the horn and come out onto the Bridge wing to wave


eventually after dinner was cooked and the kitchen cleaned and everyone
was organised for the evening I got time to sit and start to sew down 352 inches of binding

of course with Henrycats assistance

its offical name is

'Summer Stomping Ground' and it was a kit from
the fat quarter shop which I bought late 2010


and ta da, at 1:30am this morning the final stitch was sewn it was a 7 hr
stitching session. I did ask hubby how many nights did he think it would take
he looked at me a said, 'My bet is you will sit and sew until it is done'
he knows me well :)



I love the colours, love that it has such a long drop on each side
its a biggie at 88" square, its very 'ME'


and Henrycat has made it 'his' as you can see by the fur he left behind
after his 10 minute power nap this morning


I now offically have a UFO free sewing room and todays mission
is to find something new to sew.



8 comments:

  1. I can see that Henry certainly likes to take a hands (paws) on interest in your quilting! Lovely quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a fabulous quilt, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UFO free!!!

    (gasp and faint)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bear paw blocks too... that some day will grow into a quilt like yours! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. UFO FREE? You had better go and start many projects to get that UFO list back up there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is gorgeous. Glad your helper stayed for the marathon sewing session.
    Enjoy the warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt, looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete