Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sewing, DIY, Happy Mail & other stuff

Its been a busy kind of week for me

Last Tuesday I bought a desk for the computers

and I even put it together myself

ta da


please excuse the mess beside it and I need to get
some cord tidy things

I worked on my Kaleidoscope Hexagon Quilt


I have 2 rows to add to the side and then 2 rows to add to the top
it will just be a topper, its so happy and bright and I am
loving it

I worked on my Some Kind of Wonderful Quilt


I have 2.5 blocks left to stitch then I will sew it all together

We watched the Super moon Rise


both photo's taken from our deck


yesterday hubby brought the

Bark Endeavour into Port, we are lucky and get a personal
guided tour tomorrow after school


and this ferry which called in to refuel as it is on its way to Noumea


Happy Mail time,

I ordered this book on March 28, it has FINALLY arrived


and my sneaky shopping


LOVE LOVE LOVE Gail Pan's designs


and I LOVE these 2 as well


The Rosalie designs are for when I have no hand sewing to do at night
time, which will be very soon as my SKoW quilt blocks are almost done
and my KHQ is so close to being finished.

I Love Happy Mail :)

and my long legged girl Emma came 2nd in the Cross Country on Friday
this Friday we are off to Wolumla so she can take part in the
Far South Coast Zone Cross Country. We were very proud of her
especially as the bulk of her run last Friday was on sand.

Today I hope to get those extra rows made and ready to sew on the KHQ,
I am housebound waiting for the Austar man to come and connect our 2nd box
hubby is suffering football withdrawals



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, Very nice sneaky shopping LOL, love the patterns and the Farners wife book looks like you are going to have fun with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is SO GOOD. I love the colours highlighted by the white background.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete