Friday, August 31, 2012

Hexagon Help

As I have finished ALL my current night time stitching projects
I pulled out my hexagons last night, now I have an issue
looming with them.

Setting them out

do I just stitch them together like this


or like this


or like this


Issues I tell you please help me decide which way
today I have a HUGE pile of plain hexagons to baste
so I can start stitching the flowers together over the weekend

and I have 2 OPAM finishes this month

'The Quilting Gathering'


I love the backing fabric


and 'Scrap Squares Doll Quilt'


made completely from my stash :)




9 comments:

  1. I like Option 2, with the separating hexies done in the same colour. Love your little quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, what a quandry - really the answer is in your hands. My suggestion is take a photo (which you have done) and put the real bits away then look at the photo's tomorrow then choose which one you like. Delete the ones you don't want cos they will only keep making you want to change your mind. Just a suggestion.
    Love your latest finishes.
    Miche'le

    ReplyDelete
  4. option 2 - gives just a nice amount to break it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Option 2.
    The two little quilts are so beautiful.

    Greetings Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I like the top one.......you are so good at starting and finishing things.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Chooky, I like the top one. Now we are not really helping, as we all have our own selections. LOL Miche'le's suggestion makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup OPtion 2 BUT having said that I really lke the idea of option three but depending on the fabric you choose. It will need to be a really simple muted fabric that is soft and helps blend the flowers...

    BUt I bet you have done it all tonight!

    ReplyDelete