Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Great Orange Hunter

Yesterday Henry cat managed to get outside for some fresh air and a bit of exercise read he escaped

Now Henry has only been allowed out since christmas time as he really is an inside cat, but seeing as we are on acreage with no major vehicle traffic I relented BUT after yesterday he is once again under close supervision because he bought home a present for us, that present was a baby dugite snake thank heavens I wasn't home when he dropped his present off but the girlies said that daddy moved really fast to get it back outside and to keep the boys from playing with it and Henry was most disgusted that his present wasn't warmly received lol.

Luckily my baby boy wasn't bitten by it dh said that its mouth was tiny and wouldn't have been able to get his mouth through the fur so it obviously was a newish baby but really WTH was Henry thinking bringing a snake into the house by its tail....... sheesh he is a worry.

Other than the grat orange hunter doing his thing its been a quiet weekend, I have started to crochet a blanket for our couch, I have been drooling over the pattern on Ravelry for a few months and finally bit the bullet last week and bought it, and after lots of giggling and unpulling on Friday night at sewing I managed to get the hang of the stitches lol and they are soooo hard too, the crochet bible calls it Double Square tricky when you have NEVER mastered the art of crochet, my first few attempts resulted in a hexagon shape, then a ruffled square, but I have now mastered the Double Square, its made with 50, 2 round squares, 49, 4 round squares,16, 6 round squares, 7, 8 round squares, 2, 10 round squares and 2 12 round squares, so far I have done

21- 2 round squares
9 - 4 rounds squares
1 - 6 round
1 - 8 round
and I have almost done the 1st 10 round, this could take me a while lol

my colours are 3 shades of brown and a green, love the colours and it will look fab if I manage to finish it, I am aimong to get it done THIS YEAR so can someone please nag me every now and again to get crocheting.

Plans for this week are we have the last removalist arriving tomorrow for a quote, I am going to the post office to mail Chookyblue her prizes and her birthday fat quaters, I am working Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and Friday is a home to do the housework day. Otherwise its the same old same old here, dancing, gymnastics, groceries and hopefully no more snake catching lol

Have a great week everyone :)

2 comments:

  1. :)...I have to smile at your Henry! My Pye just brought in a bird...dead mind you. When he came in he gave a little meow and then presented it! Pye the hunter! I would rather he doesn't go out, but I live in the country and quite far off the road. He seems to stay quite close to the house and often brings me "presents." The snake would freak me out though ;)...I like your site, and will be back to check out your craftiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my.... bad henry.....the great hunter!!!! lol

    don't worry I will nag you about your crocheting if you like...

    ps... coffee this week? before we go away...

    ReplyDelete