Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Busy

I'll just say in photos


The Wheres Wally Wall, love looking at this


Tacky but I love them,

these 2 pictures were the first pictures my parents bought after they were married,

46 years ago


A Fabric cupboard in Manland the sewing room, those baskets are the next to be sorted out in this room


Fabric Buckets, 2 need the hard base put in, and I still need to sew the binding down.



Its freezing cold and I have bulbs about to flower, weird




My dad dug out 2 bushes that I LOATHED from the top garden bed


When dh is home we are going to replace the timber wall, it looks like there is a rock wall
behind the timber, that might just need rebuilding, if not interlocking blocks will go up


Dad also rebuilt the little rock wall at the top of the steps to dh shed, the removalists made it collapse as the used it as a step!




and dad has been extending our steps to dh shed, dh gets the job of motarting them in




and this is what came out of the garden, roof tiles


and this is what greets you at our front door, gumboots

mine are the spotty ones, Miss E's are black (her choice) and Miss I's
are pink, with fairies lol


You know how I 'pruned' the roses,

unsupervised


well they have been 're pruned' lol as predicted



and yes the dead shrubbery that dad and I dragged up to the front, is still here,
according to the chipper dudes they are coming tomorrow to take it away

YIPPEE


and the window outside Manland my sewing room 
dad has started to rip the box hedge and the dead conifers from each end,
we are moving some roses to this spot



So we've been busy

1 comment:

  1. Where would we be without our Dad's to sort out our gardens Kate. I remember when my Dad was alive our garden looked fantastic and pruning ivolved chopping off at ground level but boy evertything bloomed again to exceptional standards.
    hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete