but oh so Happy to be alone,
I know that sounds awful but 7 weeks of hubs 24/7 can be very very draining. He needs to be amused and frankly I figure at his age he can amuse himself!
He left this morning at 5am and will be back in 7 glorious weeks.
Sheesh I sound like a b**ch don't I........
So in the last week or so since I posted there has been alot of not much going on.
I have decided that its time to shift my winter layer so I am walking of a morning for 1hr, my route varies each day but I can see the difference its making so I shall keep on plodding, can I just say that as I face the hills each morning on my way home I do question myself as to WHY we live where we do, I even went so far as to ask if we could move to a flat suburb lol.
Friday bought our power bill, OMFG I was horrified and this morning I wandered into our local heat pump supplier to arrange a quote for a heat pump downstairs......are you ready for it our bill for 3 months was
$1582.70
its so high because we have 3 small heaters downstairs for the girlies our heat pump only used $340 worth of power so between the girlies heaters, the leaky hot water cylinder and the lights we are on a power saving mission. LOL
My heart goes out to those who struggle to pay their winter heating bills, I am just blessed that we are in a position that its not an issue for us to pay. The bill was more than our monthly mortgage payment, can you believe that.
SO its the last week of the school holidays, tomorrow we are going into town to do ?? we have done the park several times,Friday night I went to a girlfriends for drinkies, we took the kids to the skate park with their scooters on Saturday, Wednesday I get a home alone day as Mum and dad are taking the girlies on a picnic YIPPEE, this weekend I am going to see Kasey Chambers with a girlfriend then we are going to hit the town afterwards. Next week school is back so I will be back to frantic mornings and walking after they have been dropped at school
No sewing has been done for 2 weeks I know slack but I do have a sparkling clean house as of this morning I just need to finish the last 3 loads of washing and I am good to do zip for the rest of the day :)
Hope your day is a fun as mine :)
I totally get your joy of being husbandless for 7 weeks. My hubby is ex-army and I loved my me time when he was away! Now I have him 24/7 I miss the old days, I can't stitch and watch TV without him whining about it! I'm on a mission to to shed the last few winters layers, I've got at least 5 worth!!
ReplyDeleteWinter layers, yep can relate to those. Blimin heck Kate I complain about our power bill and its only $250 monthly but I know Jacks in the flat is the same as yours. Thats HUGE , so pleased we don't get our power bill 3 mthly too. It will be nice to have "OUR" Miss Kate back now that Paul has gone away again, I've missed you.
ReplyDeleteOMG!!!! That bill would be the death of me. LOL!!!! I am fortunate to live in a climate that doesn't require a heater. Boy, what a crimp in the budget that would be.
ReplyDelete7 weeks without hubby? AWESOME! LOL!
I concur, that sounds like a shocker of a bill. Surely you could all just lie under a Labrador for warmth??!!
ReplyDeleteYep! BIG bill! Ours for winter is lots, but summer is lots more. (Gotta pay to run the air con.) Ours last summer was about 1200. Not as good as yours though!
ReplyDeleteI don't think less of you because of your joy of being husbandless. How awful would your life be if you were miserable the whole time he was gone? Much smarter to make the most of life, no matter what situation you are in.
As for winter layers, I have about 15.
enjoy the peace... I am!
ReplyDeletedh has finally gone away again for 4 days (only 3 nights but) after being home for 6 weeks... 4 of them on holidays together!