Saturday, February 5, 2011

1st Finish for February

Pennsylvania Dutch Sampler Quilt



the backing fabric





and the quilting pattern Leanne did



I LOVE this quilt :)

and Miss I just collected block 5 of Aunt Grace
from the letterbox, so today I will do that and work on
Miss I's new quilt which is all cut out and waiting to be sewn

and its back to Down in the Garden at night :)

I have been asked how I get so much sewing done

well here is how

I have my days organised so that my household chores are finished
mid morning.  Each night I tidy up the remains of the girlie's days
make sure the kitchen, bathroom and living areas are clean before I go to bed.

I don't sleep to much maybe 6 hours a night max, and my days start
at 6am, the washing is in the machine and hung out by 8am

the girlie's are all fairly independent and they have chores to do each morning also.

I am big on organisation and I can't stand clutter, so if I buy a trashy mag, I read it
then bin it, unless its homespun, quilters companion or DUQ
its read then gone.

I garden late afternoon, a little bit each day then the garden doesn't get out
of control (which it is at the moment)

as dh works away from home, my evenings are my time and I quite often sew late into
the night as I don't have anyone here to talk to IYKWIM, when he is here, he has his shed,
I have my sewing room, and alot more finishes come out of my sewing room than
his shed lol lol lol

so its easy for me to get my sewing done.

to be honest I could quite happily be agoraphobic and never leave the house lol

So for me, time management, organisation and being a homebody is how I get it done :)

5 comments:

  1. It's easy being a homebody when you have small children isn't it? Since becoming an empty nester, I don't seem to be able to settle in to lots of sewing on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt looks great!!!!!
    Yay for homebodies im one too and love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow just LOVE your sampler... The colours are so cute together. I especially LOVE the border and backing...

    Sandyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. quilt looks great Kate..really nice..what the devil is IYKWIM? i know i a bit slow....
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I had to google IYKWIM, if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete