and DH and I are both EXTREMELY concerned.
all of DH family live in Cairns, 1 sister lives in the centre of the city, his other sister lives 5 minutes from the city centre and his parents are 10 minutes south of cairns.
and my boy lives in the city too.
Just sent out an sms to his parents saying get on a plane as soon as you can, come here, and one to my boy.
both of us feel helpless today, there is nothing we can do to help any of them except to say a quiet prayer and keep our fingers crossed.
I can say that Larry is why we left Cairns and came home, since Larry I do not cope well with high winds, I tend to expect the worst and hope for the best. Going through a cyclone is THE scariest thing I have ever had to do.
So please please please say a little prayer for all our family and friends who are caught up in this horrendous disaster that is unfolding tonight, they are going to need all the luck they can get.
I am thinking of everyone in its path.
ReplyDeletequilting hugs
Christine
Brisbane
It is JUST AWFUL. I cannot begin to imagine what they must all be going through. Knowing that something awful is coming and they can do little to avoid it...
ReplyDeleteWow - will keep everyone including your family in my prayers....
ReplyDeleteSandyn
Hi Kate,
ReplyDeleteI will keep your family in my prayers also - I hope they manage to get down to you.
Hugs - Fee X