for all in FNQ
I have heard from my SIL this morning they are all fine, as far as they know there house/business survived also
MIL and the other SIL in Townsville are 'a bit worse for wear'
and my stubborn old FIL is safe and still in his house lol.
Still waiting to hear from ds.....he will still be asleep
I am exhausted, I finally went to bed at 1:30am only to wake at 4:30 and I have been dozing on the couch every since.
As you would know Yasi crossed the coast at Mission Beach, devastating itand has devastated the town of Tully. Innisfail by some miracle has escaped resonabley unscathed
95% of our Banana crops are grown in FNQ and today those trees are lying on the ground snapped at the base just as in Cyclone Larry.
and for a little bit of good news in amongst the bad news is a baby was born in an evacuation centre last night in Cairns and I believe another in Innisfail.
I am just happy that the family we have there are all ok, houses can be replaced, people can't
Our prayers and thoughts are with all your family and friends and everyone else in North Qld.
ReplyDelete